Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Is anybody out there still?

So... we've taken a bit of a hiatus.  During our time away we have made several changes.  When I say we've made several changes, I really mean very little is the same anymore.  Dave and I now live in Michigan and instead of working in mental health, I now work as a Sommelier and an Event Planner.  Dave has been promoted to Senior Engineer.  We now have a beautiful golden retriever puppy named Merlot.  We are constantly going now.

How does any of this have to do with the lone clicker that stumbled upon this ghost blog?  I'm so relieved you asked!  Dave and I are still foodies but now we're looking at recipes from a new angle.  We have both put the effort into eating healthier but not compromising the delicious foods in the world.  Instead of chicken fingers breaded and fried in crisco, we now make whole wheat chicken fingers with hormone free chicken fried in coconut oil.  I honestly barely even taste a difference.  Dave and I will never be vegetarians but we have concerns about what is in the meats we were consuming mindlessly.  When possible, we do hormone free meats and organic produce.  The most important thing about these foods is that they do in fact spoil!  All those great food safety tips probably never mattered until we switched to hormone free and organic.  Food is naturally supposed to have a spoil date unless it's honey.  I cannot promise we will be posting more regularly but we do have a lot of great recipes we want to share.  Also, if anybody is really out there and is looking to make their favorite foods a bit more healthy, please let us know.  We'll get creative and see what we can do!

No comments: