Friday, April 8, 2011

Family Favorite- Apple Coffee Cake

Succulent, flavorful and perfect for any time of the day or night!


The Good: This is an absolutely delicious cake that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
The Bad: This cake never lasts long.
The Ugly: My coworker keeps threatening me because it took so long to post this.

Suggestions before starting:
As with all recipes I make, I set out the eggs so they will be luke warm when I am ready to make the cake.
Usually 2 apples are enough for this recipe.  We always use Granny Smith apples because they are perfect for baking.  Make sure to dice them fairly small.  My parents usually use a grater for the apples but I like them larger; however, if they are too large it will not bake properly.
The recipe calls for 1 cup of walnuts... I leave these out.  I do not like walnuts but my parents always add them.
Immediately after removing from the oven I cover the cake with a clean towel to keep in the moisture.


Apple Coffee Cake

Recipe Total Time: 45-60 minutes
Recipe Yields 8-10 Servings
Preheat oven to 350
 
Ingredients and directions
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Combine first 7 ingredients into bowl and mix well.
     
  • 2 cups diced apples
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Stir next 2 ingredients into above mixture.

size I like the apples
Pour into 13" x 9" greased pan. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.

11 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

Yum, delish,drool :-) Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Hoping your weekend is a happy one. Hugs, Katherine

Book Lover said...

Oh that looks sooooo good!!!!
So happy I found your blog via the Social Parade.

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm your newest follower. Yummy recipe!! Please stop by my blog to see what freebies and coupons you can find.

Cecelia~moneysavvymama.com

Heather said...

I am new follower! I came over from Social Parade! Love your site!
http://lookmanohands-robinson.blogspot.com/

Pamela said...

Oh yum. I love a good apple cake. I'll have to try it because my sweetheart does, too!

New GFC follower.

Amy Anderson said...

Hi, new follower! These look delish!

http://alittlenosh.blogspot.com

Sapheyerblu said...

I'm your newest follower on GFC from the Mid-Week blog hop. You're may be the best and the worst blog I come across all day. The best because everything looks sooooo yummy and the worst because everything looks soooooo yummy. LOL

Have a great day
Christine Senter
http://abc-clothing.net

Anonymous said...

Haha... *threatening coworker*

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This sounds delicious! Very nice blog, love the name ;)
I'm visiting from Welcome Wednesday,
Hope you can stop by and see me at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

ARK said...

This looks AWESOME.

Shirley said...

Looks delicious. I am definitely going to follow this blog!!