The Bad: It probably won't be the healthiest in your party-snack lineup
The Ugly: Not good for people with allergies to deliciousness!
Suggestions Before Starting:
Although this particular recipe calls for a round sourdough loaf and bacon bits, don't panic if you can't find or don't have either. It is really quite flexible. We substituted the sourdough loaf with a round Italian loaf, and bacon bits with actual pan-fried bacon. Feel free to substitute the cheddar cheese with any kind you like as well!
This recipe is courtesy of Plain Chicken, and was found using the amazing Pinterest.com
Recipe Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe Yields about 4-8 Servings
Preheat Oven to 350
- 1 unsliced sourdough bread loaf (round is preferrable)
- 8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 3 oz bacon bits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a sharp bread knife, cut the bread loaf in crosswise square directions, being careful not to cut all the way through the loaf (the squares still need to be attached).
2. Stuff the cheddar cheese in between the slices, making sure to evenly distribute the cheese.
3. Sprinkle the bacon bits evenly into the slices
4. Mix together butter and ranch dressing mix. Pour mix over entire loaf evenly.
5. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap foil, then bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve it up!