Chocolate... need I say more?
The Good: If you are a chocolate lover, these are for you!
The Bad: These are almost too chocolaty.
The Ugly: NOT INTENDED FOR DIABETICS!
Suggestions before starting:
Use quality chocolate! Cheaper chocolate is not good for dipping.
I wanted mint chocolate but it was not available so we added a bit of mint extract while melting the chocolate.
In order to evenly melt the chocolate it is common to use a double boiler. Dave and I do not have a double boiler yet so we created our own... more ghettofied version by using 1 pot on the bottom with water and 1 on top with the chocolate.
|Ghettofied double boiler|
- 1 pkg oreos
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 pkg white chocolate
- 1 pkg milk chocolate
- Crush oreos by hand or with a food processor.
- Mix in cream cheese until evenly mixed.
- Roll cookie mix into balls of preferred size and place in refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Once balls have hardened, melt chocolate using the stove or microwave and dip balls quickly in the chocolate.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.