Light and fluffy, fruity and oooo so tasty!
The Good: You have to like scrumptious desserts to like this.
The Bad: I think it gradually flattened... we had to make it 2 days early.
The Ugly: Be very quiet! Loud noises will drop any cake!
Suggestions before starting:
My mother always told me to separate the yolk from the white by cracking the egg in 1/2 and gently passing it back and forth between the two halves.
Do not forget to continue onto the second step while it says wait 30 minutes.
If you do not have a sifter you can use a very small holed screen/strainer.
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Cool Whip
- Favorite Berries (Strawberries and Blueberries)
- Use a large serrated knife to cut cake horizontally in 2 layers.
- Cover the bottom layer with your favorite cool whip or homemade cream and put desired amount of clean sliced fruit on it. Then replace top layer.
- Cover all parts of the cake with cool whip and place desired amount of berries in pattern of your choice. Enjoy with good friends and family!