The best part of Red Lobster is always the biscuits. Who knew they'd be so easy to make!
The Good: This recipe is so simple!
The Bad: This version turned out just a little dry but it may be because we used Skim milk instead of whole.
The Ugly: People will get upset if you eat the last one before them!
Suggestions before starting:
Do not forget to set out milk before starting recipe. Typically I would suggest setting out the butter as well but this recipe calls for cold butter.
This recipe is from ABC News
Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits
Recipe Total Time: Approx. 30 min
Recipe Yields 12 Servings
Preheat Oven to 350
- 2 1/2 Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 4 T cold butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Bush on Top:
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1/4 t dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
- Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.